Greenbird is nominated as one of the top 25 IoT Heroes 2016 in the Smart City category by the 4th IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup. The winner will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, taking place from February 22 to 25, 2016.
MUNICH/OSLO, January 20, 2016. It has been a tough evaluation process for the international expert jury of the IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup 2015/16, but the best and most innovative companies have now been selected! All 25 finalists will have the chance to become IoT / M2M Innovators of the year 2016 in the categories Smart City, Mobility, Security, Healthcare, and Connected Home. All finalists will pitch their solutions and the winners will be announced at the official ceremony on February 24 in Barcelona during the Mobile World Congress.
– As co-initiator and title sponsor of the IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup we are able to get an inside glimpse into what is on the horizon for the next generation of IoT innovations. And with almost 400 submissions from 58 countries, we were again pleased with the high quality solutions submitted to this year’s competition. Identifying the upcoming stars in the area of Internet of Things and M2M and taking a small role in their future success is very exciting for us, says Gerhard Schedler, Head of Sales Mobile Services & M2M / IoT, Swisscom.
– It is a great honor for us to be nominated as one of the top 25 IoT Heroes. With Metercloud, we offer a truly disruptive IoT integration solution empowering smart grids, smart cities and industrial IoT. Utilizing vast amounts of big data requires a brand new approach to system integration. Metercloud is an Enterprise SaaS creating instant value to customers leveraging the power of IoT, big data and real time analytics, says Thorsten Heller, CEO at Greenbird.
The elevator pitch and official award ceremony will take place in the Centre de Cultura Contemporània in Barcelona on February 24, as part of the first WT | Wearable Technologies Conference in Spain. The Innovation World Cup finalists will be on stage and present their solutions. Joe Braga, Global Head of Brand and Market Communications for Telit said:
– Solution enablement providers have been delivering technology at such a fast pace that it is stunning solution providers. The technology industry as a whole must support efforts like the IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup that foments innovation to get ideas to market quicker and business transformations to happen faster to realize the full potential of the IoT.
For more information about the award ceremony, please click here.
Here are the IoT / M2M Heroes of 2016
- Metropolis by BizFact
- Smart EV Charging Station by EverCharge
- Metercloud by Greenbird Integration Technology
- PAYUCA by PAYUCA
- IoT Cloud Family by SADE Group
- BlueMind by BlueMind
- Inboard M1 Electric Skateboard by Inboard Action Sports
- LiveCast Sentinel by IoT Smart Systems
- Kizy by Kizy Tracking
- smartRFpower by Teslonix
- Distributed Queue Switch Architecture by Ether2
- Keycode Server by Microtronics Engineering
- UndercoverEye Raptor by PixController
- Qylatron™ Entry Experience Solution by Qylur
- My Lock by Swissprime Technologies
- EllieGrid by EllieGrid
- CielPur by FILLONY LIMITED
- Lumind by Lumind
- The Footprints Walking Frame by Quanticare Technologies
- Onni Smart Care by SEP Solutions
- EVO by EISOX
- Klikr by BBDL LIMITED
- CECO HOME by iSocket Systems
- MYXYPOD by MYXYTY
- enControl by Sensing & Control Systems
About the IoT 7 M2M Innovation World Cup
The IOT / M2M Innovation World Cup is the leading IOT / M2M award worldwide. Hundreds of contestants from 70 countries demonstrate the huge innovation potential in the world of machine-to-machine communication and the Internet of Things. The leading global innovation competition is welcoming revolutionary IoT / M2M solutions in the categories of “Smart City“, “Mobility”, “Security“, “Healthcare“ and “Connected Home”. An international panel of industry experts selects the most innovative products according to criteria such as level of innovation, marketability, and usability. Participation is free of charge. For further information, please click here.
The IOT / M2M Innovation World Cup is sponsored by Swisscom as title sponsor, as well as Telit Wireless Solutions, MediaTek Labs, VARTA Microbattery, and Gemalto. Further partners include MEDICA, WT Wearable Technologies AG, Kickstarter, IoT Global Network, m2m forum, Engerati, M2M World News, Plug and Play Tech Center, Paris Region Entreprises, Business Oulu, Takomo, TAITRA, Team Cote D’Azur, Comm4Innov, Innovative City, CSEM, AlpICT, m2m alliance, IT2Industry, ICT Cluster Bern, Medical Valley, Mobile Monday, Government of Canada, Disruptive Week Milan, Cluster Digital, and many more.
Greenbird is a Norwegian software company and consultancy headquartered in Oslo, with 30 employees passionate about integration in the energy industry. Greenbird is established as a leading company for integration solutions in the energy industry and related industries. Greenbird deliver the integration service Metercloud, a state-of-the-art integration solution supporting the transformation towards digital utilities and enabling smart metering and smart grids. Greenbird has delivered software and consultancy to utilities owning more than 75 % of the power meters in Norway.
Innovation World Cup
Greenbird Integration Technology AS
Thorsten Heller, CEO, phone +47 980 01 822