Western Governors University (WGU) chose ActiveVOS’ BPMS after reviewing proprietary systems, custom JAVA alternatives and jBPM. WGU decided ActiveVOS made the most sense for them based on the following requirements:
- Standards-based: WGU wanted to avoid “vendor lock-in” and its high costs.
- Price: WGU wanted a reasonably priced standards-based BPM system that would allow it to experiment with a service-based architecture.
- Ease-of-Use: WGU wanted design tools that were user friendly, eliminated the need to write code every time a process was changed, and did not require a Java developer.
- WGU’s student program change management process reduced by 80% (4 hours to 48 minutes).
- Reduced labor costs with estimated $450,000 per year.
- Improved efficiencies by improving record accuracy and reliability, and reduced manual processing.
- Successfully implemented a serviced-oriented business process application, enabling change to occur more rapidly using ActiveVOS’s model-driven approach than possible using competing solutions WGU evaluated.
- Established an IT infrastructure for the future that could develop, deploy, and integrate more dynamic applications with a limited investment.
Project schedule: Deployed within three months.
greenbird Integration Technology compliments WGU and AcvtiveVOS on an impressive and outstanding solution.
take a look to the official press release (pdf) here: Press Release WGU.